BENEFITING: Food Lifeline
Sonata Software is excited to host our first virtual food drive with Food Lifeline as part of Joy of Giving Week 2014.
The Hunger Problem:
• 1 in 6 people in America face hunger - food insecurity exists in every county in America
• 40% of good food or about $165 billion worth routinely goes waste instead of getting to people in need. All of this uneaten food could feed 25 million Americans
• 308,000 meals still needed in Western Washington everyday
How can you help?
• It’s amazing how far $1 can go with Food Lifeline – for every dollar that you donate, Food Lifeline can provide 4 meals to help stop hunger in Western Washington.
• $10 = 40 meals for FOOD LIFELINE = 3 cents / day for YOU
About Food Lifeline:
Food Lifeline approaches hunger as a logistics problem that can be solved. They are a connector between food industry surpluses and food programs. They provide 82,000 meals a day through their network of 275 food banks, food pantries, hot meal programs, shelter and after school programs