Martina McBride wrote -
Help us build a playground in Atlanta!
Donate at least $25 for a chance at Martina's Kentucky Derby dress or donate at least $15 for a chance at her personal copy of Pat Benatar's memoir with a special note inside! OR join us at her sound check in Atlanta and fundraise for an opportunity to meet Martina or win her hair dryer!
HERE'S HOW TO JOIN US FOR MARTINA'S SOUND CHECK IN ATLANTA, GA on 9/28/13
1. Be one of the first 50 to click on "Fundraise For This Campaign" to join our team and get your own fundraising page
2. Then tell all your friends and family via email, post your page on Facebook and Twitter and ask everyone to donate
3. Raise a minimum of $200 for the Chastain Park Conservancy Playground (donations will be tax deductible!!) and you'll be invited to attend sound check!
You can raise more than $200 and there are some REALLY cool prizes for the highest fundraisers!!
Martina thinks kids are pretty awesome, and so do we! Together, we're doing our part in making kid's lives more fun by partnering with Chastain Park in Atlanta, GA, to raise money that will help them build a world class playground for children of all abilities and needs. Let's help a major U.S.city reclaim an incredible green-space for the children who are the future of our world! And we want you to be a part of the fun of making it happen!
You want FUN? What could be more fun than getting in on an exclusive, private sound check with country super star Martina McBride?!!
• We're inviting up to 50 fans to come be a part of the sound check before Martina's concert on Sept 28, 2013, in Atlanta, GA, at Chastain Park Amphitheater (time TBD in the afternoon). See her up close and personal as she and the band get ready for the show that night.
• You'll get to be in a team photo at sound check with Martina. You'll also get a Team Martina shirt and get to take advantage of early access to parking.
• You'll also be invited to our team pizza party after sound check/before the show starts! Pizza?!? Pizza AND Martina?!? Score.
• Martina is offering a chance at some awesome prizes for all who give donations and the top fundraisers on the team at sound check will win...
The first place fundraiser who raises the most money (above the minimum $200 to get into sound check) by 5 PM EST on 9/25/13 gets first choice of these three prizes, the 2nd place fundraiser gets to pick from the other two prizes, and the 3rd place fundraiser gets the last prize
A meet and greet with Martina
An autographed bottle of Blackbird Wine
Martina's personal hair dryer
- A concert ticket is required to enter the amphitheater. Your concert tickets for the Martina McBride concert in Atlanta on 9/28/13 WILL NOT be included in our fundraiser. It will be your responsibility to purchase your own concert tickets (go to MartinaMcBride.com/tour). All travel/hotel expenses are your responsibility as well.
- Because this event is being held outdoors, it is subject to cancellation because of inclement weather, etc. Donations to Chastain Conservancy Playground are nonrefundable.
- Remember we will only have space for the first 50 fans that sign up and commit to raising a minimum goal of $200 each on our Crowdrise page. You will be emailed instructions on where and what time to arrive for sound check.
- You must have your $200 goal met by 5 PM EST on Sept 25, 2013, to be included in the sound check. You will need to bring a photo ID to sound check and your name will be checked off a list.
- When you click on "Fundraise For This Campaign" on our Crowdrise page, you will be given your own fundraising page under our team to collect donations electronically. Don't forget to let friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, church members, etc. know about your fundraising by posting your page repeatedly on Facebook and Twitter so they can donate to this great cause! Donations are tax deductible!
Stay up to date with Team Martina on Facebook at
ABOUT "PLAY CHASTAIN" -
The Chastain Park community is building a world-class multi acre natural playground right in the heart of Metro Atlanta. Creating such an innovative space to serve thousands of children of all interests and abilities is a Herculean task. Play is good for children. PLAY = healthy bodies, healthy minds, healthy social interaction, healthy ability to assess risk, healthy imaginations, healthy curiosity, big dreams, healthy respect for the earth, active engagement in the community.... and, it's a whole lot of fun.
There is ample room for play at Chastain Park, but the current playground is very small and outdated. The Master Plan calls for an expanded playground to serve older children, but there are other needs that should be met such as a playground that is accessible to all children. Currently North Atlanta is a "play desert" that has only a few small public playgrounds to serve thousands of children. The PLAY CHASTAIN playground will serve children of all abilities and will also include a a toddler space, a handicapped accessible tree house and areas for children with autism. Learn more about the PLAY CHASTAIN playground at http://playchastain.ning.com/
About Team Martina -
Team Martina is Martina McBride's nationwide and global community service organization dedicated to making the world a better place through volunteerism and the healing power of music. Since 2011, the group has raised more than $100,000 for various causes. Team Martina is open to all fans. To get on our email list or for questions, email Sheila@TeamMartina.com