South Florida Leadership Symposium for High School Girls!
Organized by: Merdochey LaFrance
EVENT DATE Apr 26, 2014
South Florida is one of the most socio-demographically diverse places in the nation! School Districts in Miami, Broward, and Palm Beach rank 4th, 7th, and 12th largest in the U.S. and livelihood in a large metropolitan region presents its own set of challenges. With a tech-savvy concentration but consistent low-performance and achievement in majority-minority communities, the focus in the classroom isn't holistic development, but "teaching to the test". The 3rd Annual South Florida Young Women's Leadership Symposium, hosted by the Florida Diversity Council, WILL highlight the importance of Leadership, Service-Learning, Financial Management, and Total Well-Being in the group of 200 high school girls of color who have registered for the event. This incredible will be held at Nova Southeastern University's H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business in Davie-Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
We have high caliber, competent speakers who'll ensure that those topics are covered thoroughly. Our participants receive a certificate of completion and 5 hours of community service for attending in addition to a swag back with incredible health, beauty, and wellness items!
This year's Speakers are:
- Keynote Speaker: Alina Villasante (International Fashion Icon & Philanthropist)
- Money Management Workshop Speaker: Shani St.Vil (Purse Empowerment)
- Personal Branding Workshop Speaker: Dr. Venessa Walker (Notre Dame - Chiropractic Center)
- Advocacy & Civic Engagement Workshop Speaker: Christin "CiCi" Battle (Florida Dept. of Juvenile Justice)
- Power of Emotion & Communication Workshop Speaker: April Norris (Hyp)
More information about our event can be found at http://www.ywlsymposium.com/florida/southflorida/2014!
HELP US meet our $10K budget! You'll help us cover venue, breakfast & lunch, event bags and symposium materials, wellness kits, awards, prizes, educational materials, books, and more! Donate TODAY!