African elephants are in serious trouble with up to 100 illegally killed every day.
Our mission is to secure a future for the largest mammals on earth forever, to be enjoyed by humanity forever, by ensuring that they have the space and security to live and move freely in the wild forever.
We achieve our mission through four programmes:
- Prevention of Poaching
- Human-Wildlife Conflict Mitigation
- Securing Space
We are tackling the current poaching crisis by:
- Enhancing law enforcement through community policing & training
- Lobbying to increase fines & penalties associated with illegally killing of elephants
- Strategic planning to identify and conserve Africa's last viable elephant populations and associated landscapes
- Grassroots awareness creation through community drama
- Lobbying governments in the EU to apply pressure to encourage Asian nations to close their ivory markets
- Campaign to encourage the elite within China to discourage the consumption of ivory
- Developing partnerships with leading Chinese corporations to secure Chinese investment in elephant conservation
Our Short Term Conservation Target is to reduce illegal killing of elephants by 90% by 2015.
Our Long Term Conservation Target is to ensure Africa's ten most significant landscapes for elephants are effectively conserved by 2030.
We Need Your Help to achieve our conservation targets. Please be generous within your means to enable us to succeed with our critical conservation work.