Spin for BMF 2016
EVENT DATE: May 21, 2016
DEADLINE TO GIVE: May 20, 2016
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: May 21, 2016
In June of 2009 our dad, Bob Miller, was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. An avid cyclist for over 20 years, he was very involved with the Seattle based Cascade Bicycle Club and rode his bike 4-5 days a week year round. His lung cancer diagnosis came as a complete shock. It was just one of those incredibly cruel twists of fate. By the time he was diagnosed, the cancer had spread throughout his entire body. He was given about a year to live.
On July 1st, 2010 he passed away at home surrounded by his family. During his last week he wanted us to know even after he was gone he would live forever in our memories. And he does. His memory lives on in the research funded in his name, and in the future lives that we hope to save. For more information about our foundation, check out our website here.
Join us for our second, annual spin cycle event in support of early detection lung cancer and clinical trial research. Whether you ride hard or hardly ride, we hope you will join us and the talented team at Power Sculpt Fitness for an afternoon of sweat, fun and camaraderie.
- Saturday, May 21st from 1-3pm at Power Sculpt Fitness
- Power Sculpt Fitness is located at 3119 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago IL 60657
- Metered street parking is available on Lincoln Ave. & Greenview Ave. There is a metered lot just north of the Power Cycle entrance at 3120 N. Greenview Ave. The studio is easily accessible from the Southport & Paulina brown line stations.
- The indoor cycle event is composed of 18 teams of 1-4 participants and each team will ride relay style for a total of 120 minutes on the same bike. It is up to each team to determine ride order and cycle time (30-120 minutes depending on # of team members).
- Become a Team Captain and register your team by clicking on the above "register" button and following the registration steps - or join an existing team that you've been invited to join! Make sure you coordinate with your team so you all pick the same bike name or #!
- Stick around to cheer on your team, because from 1-3pm there will be a super fun health expo in the studio room!
- Prizes will be given to teams who ride the most collective miles, raise the most money and wear the best team outfit! Get excited!
- There is no initial registration fee, however each registrant must fundraise a minimum of $50 for the cause
We cannot wait to see you there! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.