EVENT DATE: Nov 19, 2017
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Nov 28, 2017
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Nov 15, 2017
Event Date: Sunday, November 19, 2017, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
Event Location: Wilson-Gray YMCA -- 444 Albany Ave., Hartford, CT
United Way Emerging Leaders Society (ELS) invites you to our 5th Annual Spin for Kids!
Spin for Kids is a fun, high-energy spin-a-thon for a cause benefiting United Way educational programs and support services.
There will be other activities and friendly challenges for the teams to participate in as well. Want to see your best friend do a few pushups? Or, care to see your rival team execute a minute-long hill climb on their spin bikes? We can make this happen for you!
Each team must raise a minimum of $400 ($100 per person) and there should be 4 people on each team.
There are three ways you can help support us:
- Sign up and "spin" for kids! Grab 3 friends and set up your fundraising page. There should be 4 people total on each team. Riding solo? Friends busy? No problem! Let us know and we will match you up with an existing team. Contact Rebekah at email@example.com.
- Donate to our general donations team, Team Live United, or any participating Spin for Kids team or teammate. You can help us reach our goal without spinning - Donate or sign up to volunteer and help with the event!
- Spread the word! Encourage your friends, family, and coworkers to sign up or donate - share our event on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Space IS limited to the first 20 teams that sign up, so we urge you to find a team and sign up now before you miss out on this exciting and philanthropic event!
● Certified spinning instructors, healthy snacks, awesome people!
● Drawing Prizes consist of gift certificates to local businesses
Where does my Money Go?
Event proceeds from Spin for Kids will benefit United Way educational programs and support services. By providing quality early education and out-of-school-time programs, children achieve academic success, stay on track to graduate, obtain a good job in the future and contribute to a better life for all.
What is the Emerging Leaders Society?
Our Mission: Connect Leaders. Cultivate Relationships. Change our Community. ELS is a group of local young professionals who are passionate about providing children with opportunities to be successful. We find ways to raise money and have fun at the same time - like Spin for Kids! To learn more about us, visit our website. You can also check us out and like us on Facebook or on LinkedIn to stay connected and learn about future events.