BENEFITING: MOUNT SINAI MEDICAL CENTER INC
EVENT DATE: Jun 14, 2014
Time: 1:00-3:30pm (1:00-1:30 for check-in and either 1:30-2:30 or 2:30-3:30 for cycling)
Location: Crank Cycling Studio, 1658 3rd Avenue, New York, NY 10128
About the Event: Spinning to Save Lives, a Benefit for Mount Sinai, is a 2-hour cycling event at the Crank Cycling Studio. Register as a team of 1-3 people to reserve a bike. Your team will be given a one hour time-slot (either 1:30-2:30 OR 2:30-3:30) in which you will bike side-by-side for the entire hour. In order to reserve a bike, each team is responsible for raising a minimum of $500 to go towards cancer research at the Tisch Cancer Institute. The team that raises the most will get a surprise at Crank Cycling Studio. Whether you are a Crank regular or a beginner on the bike, get ready for a fun and sweaty day! Remember that your contributions will go towards medical breakthroughs that will hopefully make a difference in the lives of those with or at risk for cancer. See instructions below for how to join!
About the Tisch Cancer Institute: The Tisch Cancer Institute is part of the Mount Sinai Health System, and was established in 2007 to spearhead innovative research and treatment for those living with or at risk for cancer. The Tisch Cancer Institute is home to both physicians and researchers advancing knowledge in both basic science and clinical research, cancer immunology, vaccine therapy, molecular cancer epidemiology, and cancer prevention. Specifically, proceeds from Spinning to Save Lives will go directly to supporting research investigating cancer prevention, at the forefront in our fight against cancer.
Instructions to join:
1. Identify the members of your team- even if you don't have a full team identified yet, you can still start your team fundraising and update your account later.
2. Once you have your team ready, designate one person as the team leader. This person will be the only one on the team signing up.
3. On the website, click: "Join the Team." It is in orange on the right side of the page.
4. Follow the prompt to make a Crowdrise account.
5. When asked to write your name, instead of putting the full name of the Team Leader, include the names of the team members. (For example, if your team members are Jon, Steve, and Mike, then put Jon as the first name and Steve, Mike as the last name).
6. Finalize your account and then begin sending potential donors your individual link. Anyone can donate and they don't need to sign up for an account :)