Gerald Largent wrote -
The purpose of this page is to provide much-needed operating revenue for St. Panteleimon Orthodox Christian Outreach. This grass-roots ministry was founded in 2010 and exists to bring church services to those who cannot regularly attend services at a local parish. Services are held, on average, five days a week. In 2014 we held a total of 375 services. In 2015 we are on pace to hold 366 services. At present we provide Orthodox Christian prayer services at 18 senior living facilities in Northeast Ohio. We serve nursing homes as well as assisted living, independent living and memory care facilities. While we observe the customs and practices of the Orthodox Church, our prayer services are open to anyone who wishes to worship the Holy Trinity.
Why your support is crucial
- Unfortunately we do not qualify for many grants that are available to secular non-profit corporations since we are a faith-based organization.
- While senior living facilities allocate funds to hire entertainers to perform for their residents they expect spiritual programs to be provided on a volunteer basis. For whatever reason they simply do not see the spirituality of their residents as being worthy of funding.
- The people we serve do not donate to the ministry. Sadly it is very expensive to live in a senior residence. Most of our residents exhaust their resources trying to cover their basic living expenses each month. Some even rely on Medicaid to cover their medical expenses.
By giving your financial support to the St. Panteleimon ministry you are helping us fulfill mandates of the Gospel, such as:
- The Great commission -- Christ commanded the Apostles to "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you" (Matthew 28:19-20). This ministry has an opportunity to reach unchurched residents and their friends or families. Some previously-unchurched residents have been received into the Church by Orthodox clergy.
- The Golden Rule. Our Lord teaches: "And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them" (Luke 6:31; see also Matthew 7:12).
Suppose that, through no fault of your own, you were forced to leave your home and move into a senior living facility. Imagine what it would be like if you were no longer able to go to church regularly, if at all. Wouldn't it be nice if a Christian organization brought church services to you? If you would want this ministry to be available in the event that you or a loved one needed it please consider making a tax-deductible donation.
If you prefer not to make an online donation you may reach us at:
20525 Center Ridge Rd. Suite 301
Rocky River, OH 44116