BENEFITING: Ohio Citizen Action Education Fund
EVENT DATE: Aug 04, 2017
Top 5 reasons I'm competing in the Rock 'N' Roll Against Dirty Coal and you should sponsor me:
1) Coal is the biggest air polluter in Ohio and contributes to the top four causes of death in the state: heart disease, lung disease, stroke, and lung cancers. (World Life Expectancy Organization)
2) 72% of water pollution in the United States comes from coal plants and toxic coal metals, such as arsenic, mercury, and lead. (U.S. EPA)
3) Collective action makes a big difference in changing policies and the hearts and minds of the people who make policy.
4) Ohio Citizen Action has a long, successful history of fighting back and winning against new coal plants, getting old, dirty coal burners retired and even fighting Mountaintop Removal.
5) People. For all the coal miners who had no choice but to work in the mines, risking their lives everyday, to supply our energy demand - they deserve better jobs and better choices. For all the people living next to these toxic dirty fossils and in nearby valleys where the pollution lingers (hello, most of Cincinnati!). For you, and me and all our babies who depend on clean air & water and a stable planet on which to live.
Suggested donation at the door of the event is $20, but if you sponsor someone(s) in the contest - you are covered! Won't you please pick me? And would you come support me in the contest August 4th at the Northside Tavern at 8:00 PM? Thank you!