NEW LEASH ON LIFE USA wrote -
New Leash on Life USA rescues at-risk dogs from high-kill shelters and transforms them into adoptable pets or skilled service dogs with teams of volunteer inmates in local and state prisons. You could help us by sponsoring a dog in our program.
During the three-month program, New Leash dogs live with their inmate trainers 24/7 and give each other the love and support they both desperately need. The inmate participants prepare their dogs for the AKC Canine Good Citizens test and teach them basic commands like how to sit, stay, come, heel and more with the help of our certified dog trainers. Many of our dogs have gone on to do amazing things including helping their new owners cope with autism, strokes, PTSD and depression.
By sponsoring a New Leash on Life USA dog you are saving a dog destined to be euthanized, giving inmates a purpose while incarcerated, and helping to make families healthier and happier.
Currently, we have 6 dogs in training at SCI Graterford.
A sponsorship of $1250 for each dog provides the following:
- food, treats and bowls
- transportation from shelter to prison
- transportation to adoption events
- adoption support
- obedience training
- medical care including all vaccinations, heartworm, flea and tick treatments
- crate, leash, towels, kennel blankets, sweater, collars, toys, clicker
- toothbrush, toothpaste, combs, shampoo
- additional vet care if required