At Maryland New Directions, we see first-hand how one job can change a life. No matter what successes, failures, or barriers people face in a career or job search, we are committed to helping them achieve their employment goals. A job isn't just about money. It's about purpose, dignity, independence, and self-confidence. It's about creating a better life.
We believe employment is empowerment and earning a salary is the main road out of poverty. 96% of the individuals served by Maryland New Directions are living in low-income households in Baltimore City. 42% are receiving temporary assistance. We help people move off of assistance and into the workplace. We help them find a job they love that pays a family-supporting salary so they become tax-paying community members that financially support themselves and their families.
Our job coaches, trainers, and volunteers teach our clients the skills they need to refine their resumes, complete job applications, network with industry professionals, ace the interview, and land a job.
Help us support motivated job-seekers who are ready and willing to make a positive change in their lives.
How your donation will help:
- $20 will buy a week of bus fare for one client during his or her job search
- $50 will buy one GED test registration fee
- $100 will buy flash drives for 10 clients
- $250 will fund four sessions of computer literacy training
- $500 will provide a client two weeks of employment readiness training
- $1,500 will sponsor a client for a year of life-changing services (two weeks of employment readiness training and follow-up/retention services)