The Springfield Art Association (SAA) a community based, non-profit organization*, promotes and supports the visual arts, provides art education opportunities for the greater Springfield area, and preserves and interprets historic Edwards Place and the collections of the SAA.
* SAA is a non profit tax exempt organiztion organized pursuant to IRS code 501(c)(3).
What does the SAA do?
- Offer community art classes and summer art camp as well as scholarships for artists of all ages
- Provide Art Outreach, an art appreciation program for area schools which reaches 8,000 students monthly
- Present exhibitions of work by recognixed artists in our Gallery of Art
- Maintain and provide public tours of Edwards Place, a historically significant Italianate mansion on the National Historic Register. The oldest house in Springfield, IL
- Make available to the public more than 3,000 art volumes and thought-provoking lectures through the Michael Victor II Art Library
- Serve more than 98,000 people with high-quality art and community outreach programs and events such as the Film Festival, the Fine Art Fair, Family Art Night, Roasted: Hot Pots and Pork, and Paint the Streets
Celebrating 100 years in the community of Springfield, IL since 1913.