CrossFit Zelos wrote -
USE YOUR ASS FOR THE BENEFIT OF OTHERS!
CrossFit Zelos will be hosting a "squat-a-thon" on Saturday, June 8th, to raise money for those effected by the tornado in Moore, Oklahoma.
On May 20th, 2013, the lives of the people of Moore, Oklahoma were devastated by a deadly and destructive, EF-5 tornado. Twenty-four lives were lost, hundreds injured and thousands are left to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives. It is clear the days ahead are grave for the people of Oklahoma and the need for help will be immense. What better way to raise relief funds than hosting an old-fashioned Squat-A-Thon!
You have 3 ways to play:
1. Do as many air-squats as possible in 10 minutes and get your friends to pledge money per rep.
2. Do 1 heavy back squat and get your friends to pledge money per pound.
3. Just have your friends donate regardless of how many squats you do.
Here is what you do:
1. Tell your friends to donate.
2. Arrive at CrossFit Zelos by 9:45am on Saturday, June 8th.
3. Get ready to squat your ass off
4. Bring any provisions you would like to donate- clothing, food, health care items, etc.
10:00-10:15: Warm-up & Squat Tutorial
10:15- ?: 10min AMRAP & 1Rep Max Back Squat