The Power of Promise at the Children's Home
May 18, 2016
BENEFITING: ST VINCENT CATHOLIC CHARITIES
ORGANIZER: ST VINCENT CATHOLIC CHARITIES
ST VINCENT CATHOLIC CHARITIES wrote -
Help support St. Vincent Catholic Charities in the Art Van Charity Challenge. Your donation will help STVCC win the challenge and $100,000.
At St. Vincent Catholic Charities, we assist children, adults, and families living in crisis find help and create hope, transforming their lives.
We welcome over 600 refugees to our community each year. Individuals like one of our staff members, who escaped Cuba on a small boat, and was put in detention on Guantanamo, surviving in a tent for a year and a half. People who become members of our community, such as an individual from Iraq who just purchased a house and his own car dealership, living the American dream.
Our Children's Home also provides therapy and support for up to 40 children at a time who have experienced severe trauma and are placed in the Foster Care system. Children like Cordonna, who struggled to develop trust with adults throughout her life, but quickly became connected with our therapy dog Promise. Or a young man named Ben, who sat in a car for two hours when first placed with the Children's Home, refusing to enter. Yet during his time, he became an older brother to the other residents at the Children's Home and established a goal to become a police officer so he could eventually help other children like him. Ben's story of perseverance brought 200 individuals to their feet at our annual Guardian Society Breakfast.
Below are examples of what your gift can do to help those we serve.
- A gift of $50 will cover the cost of an initial appointment at our Immigration Law Clinic to help reunite a family with a loved one living overseas.
- A gift of $100 will provide welcome baskets for FOUR children new to the Children's Home.
- A gift of $500 can cover the cost of rent for 1 month for a refugee living in an apartment.
- A gift of $1,000 helps us welcome THREE refugees to the Lansing community.
- A gift of $5,000 will provide FIVE lost and hurting individuals with a FULL YEAR of counseling services.
- A gift of $10,000 provides music therapy and instruments for TEN childrean at the Children's Home for a full year.
Remember that your generous gift is not only helping abused and neglected children find loving homes, but also helps refugees rebuild their lives, and people of all ages struggling with traumatic life events, addictions, or grief find a path to healing through therapy.
By giving to St. Vincent Catholic Charities your gift supports vital programs for children and families. It also lifts our spirits and strengthens our resolve to do the best for our community and those desperately in need of help. During this beautiful season of renewal we say a prayer of gratitude for you.