EVENT DATE: Jun 04, 2016
John and Stacey are asking their friends and families to consider supporting Saul's Light Foundation in lieu of a traditional wedding gift.
Saul’s Light Foundation was founded by our friends, and matchmakers, Kimbery and Aaron Novod, after the hertbreaking loss of their new baby Saul. Saul's Light is dedicated to helping meet the special needs of families and their babies both in the NICU, as they transition home, and in the unfortunate event of a baby’s death.
When it comes to navigating the NICU journey, there is nothing more powerful than a community’s love and support. Saul's light strives to support these families by:
- Alleviating financial stress (travel, housing, etc.)
- Offering comfort
- Educating parents
- Working with NICU social workers to monitor and satisfy family needs
- Facilitating communication between NICU doctors, nurses, and families.
- Raising awareness of NICU issues through public speaking and community engagement partnership
- Partnering with local clergy and therapists to provide grief counseling.
- Providing annual scholarship for Landon's Legacy Healing Yoga Retreat in Canada.
- Providing Angel Gowns for burial.
- Providing remembrance photography and other keepsakes