BENEFITING: Rocking the Boat, Inc.
EVENT DATE: Sep 17, 2016
Join Rocking the Boat on Saturday, September 17 for the adventure of a lifetime: a full-day,
29½ mile row around the entire island of Manhattan in traditionally built Whitehall gigs!
In keeping with tradition over the past seven years, 10-12 teams of rowers will fundraise to support Rocking the Boat’s innovative youth development programs in wooden boatbuilding, sailing, rowing, and environmental science in the South Bronx.
- A team captain will organize each team and recruit and manage the rowers, who may be relatives, friends, or coworkers.
- Participants are given the option to row one, two, or all three legs, and must pledge to participate in their team’s fundraising efforts.
- Each boat holds four rowers, an optional alternate, and a coxswain—a Rocking the Boat alumnus. A team can have minimum of four rowers, a maximum of 12.
- All teams, regardless of size, must raise a minimum of $20,000. Historically, most teams raise significantly more to help us meet our goal of $300,000.
- All rowers must be affiliated with a team. If you are not already connected to a team, please contact Rocking the Boat and we will do our best to place you on a team in need of individual rowers.
- Coxes will lead a series of practice sessions in September.
- The event culminates with an after-row party where top fundraisers will be recognized.
- All participants will receive: breakfast, lunch, and admission to the after-row party, lots of liquid and snacks throughout the day, a Rocking Manhattan t-shirt, and a Rocking the Boat baseball cap.
If you are interested in forming a team and have questions, please contact Jennifer Sanchez, email@example.com