EVENT DATE: Aug 20, 2016
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Aug 19, 2016
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Aug 19, 2016
Steeple Chase Bike Tour is sponsored by Perception Programs & Windham Area Interfaith Ministry & Windham No Freeze Project and features a 5 mile walk, 20 mile, 35 mile, 50 mile, 62.5 mile, and 100 mile Bike Tours through scenic Northeastern Connecticut’s Quiet Corner. Rest stops at area faith communities (some historic) with all kinds of homemade food available. Free food, beverages and snacks pre and post ride for all participants. Large parking lot with free parking. Free Steeple Chase T-shirts to all individual riders and two free T-shirts per family/group of riders.
Rain or Shine at ECSU Athletic Complex, Mansfield City Road across from Meadowbrook Lane, Mansfield, CT
THE TOUR SPONSORS . . .The Steeple Chase is a fundraiser for three area non-profit social service agencies, Windham Area Interfaith Ministry, Windham No Freeze Project and Perception Programs. The Windham Area Interfaith Ministry, comprised of 39 faith communities, provides fuel assistance, clothing, and furniture to area needy families. Windham No Freeze Project provides adults who are homeless overnight shelter. Their goal is to help clients obtain basic resources such as food, clothing, case management and transportation. Perception Programs offers treatment, case management, education and housing to people with substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders, adults involved in the criminal justice system, and people living with AIDS.
The trademark of the agencies is providing quality services. WE NEED YOUR HELP to raise money to meet the increased needs of the clients we serve. Please ride with us and raise money for your neighbors, friends and family.
FUNDRAISING AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION
• Register on-line at www.bikereg.com, www.active.com, www.steeplechasebiketour.org
or call (860) 450-7122. Checks payable to Perception Programs.
• Pre-Registration is $25 per rider plus each rider raises an additional $50. All forms must be received by August 14th at 5pm at Perception Programs, PO Box 407, 54 North Street (entrance on Meadow Street), Willimantic, CT 06226; (860) 450-7122.
• A family/group registration is $75 plus the group must raise an additional $100.
This covers 4 riders and 2 T-shirts.
• Day of the ride registration is $30 per rider plus the rider raises an additional $50 OR $85 for a group plus the group raises an additional $100. Day of registration payable by check or cash
• Sign-In is 7AM until 10AM. Riders will receive their number, route map and T-shirt at registration.
• 100 milers & 62.5 mile riders must be out before 8:30AM, 50 milers out by 9:30AM and 20 & 35 mile riders out by 10AM.
• Ride begins & ends at Eastern CT State University Athletic Complex, Mansfield City Rd, across from Meadowbrook Lane, Mansfield, CT.
• Free food and snacks before and after the ride for all riders.
• All pledges must be turned in by 11AM on day of ride to be eligible for a prize.
• Questions call (860) 450-7122 or email: email@example.com
• If you lose anything the day of the ride, inform Registration and on Monday call (860) 450-7122 to see if your item was found.
• Sign up to ride as a team for the Corporate/Club/Faith Community challenge. The top 3 teams that raise the most money will win a trophy and publicity in the local newspaper.