ST ELMO'S VILLAGE wrote -
St. Elmo Village, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, was established in 1969 and has contributed, supported and grown the arts in Los Angeles for over 45 incredible years through free children and adult art workshops, events such as Drums, Blues and Jazz Festivals, and conducting workshops and tours for elementary schools to college-level students.
We are an example of the creative process made visible through the work.
Art-making is fundamental in a child’s development:
– Increased awareness of self (mind, body, and voice) and others (collaboration and empathy)
– Deeper understanding of human behavior, motivation, diversity, culture, and history
– Improved clarity and creativity in communication of verbal and nonverbal ideas
– Fostering imagination and self-expression
– Cultural awareness that helps a child understand representation of a given reality
– Strengthening academic performance by helping a child understand concepts more easily
– Life-skills such as problem-solving, fine motor skills and social skills
Our goal is to expand our free workshops to children and adults to include Computer Graphics, Film Photography and a Mentorship Program, put on more community-building events, upgrade our (ancient) computer graphics and office computers, and add two paid staff members.
In addition, our facility structures are over 50 to 100 years old! Our historical buildings are in need of repair and renovation. Campaign funds would help repair our facility structures, repaint the mural courtyard and the Village buildings, so we can be around for another 45 years, adding to the community we live and work in.
Our goal for this year is to raise $45,000, but our DREAM is to raise $311,500 so that we can work towards sustainability, preservation and growing our organization.
No amount is too small or large! Your generous tax-deductible donation will go towards:
- Children’s Art workshops - $4000/yr/workshop- $5,000
- Children’s Annual Book Giveaway - $3,000
- Upkeep of the beautiful Village gardens & greenspace - $1,500
- Upgrade computers in office & Computer Graphics workshop - $9,000
- Program development- expand on workshops (Computer Graphics, Film photography, and Mentorship programs) - $15,000
- Courtyard Mural restoration - $15,000
- Printed materials (brochures, mailing materials) - $3,000
- Community Liaison Person stipend - $10,000
- Capital improvements to lower carbon footprint (Facility and Building upgrades) - $150,000
- Operations (4 paid staff members total) - $100,000
Donating just $10 helps two people attend an art workshop for free. Every dollar counts! We need your help!
Gifts for Your Donation
(Please tell us in the 'comment section' if you'd like a gift for your donation level!)
Village Postcard (100 avail.) $20
Handmade Bookmark (44 avail.) $25
Handmade by children from the Children’s Art Workshop
Brochure & postcard (50 avail.) $50
Hand silk-screened Totebag (20 avail.) $250
Totes are square-bottomed and made of heavy duty canvas, each hand-printed by artist Michael Cortes. (+ postcard, bookmark & brochure)
Children’s Art (6 avail) $500
Art created by the Village children at the Children’s Art Workshop (+ postcard & brochure)
Rare 1972 Poster by A&M Records (3 avail.) $5000
The rare print is an inverted image of the historical Village courtyard and will never be printed again. Truly rare and a part of Los Angeles history! (+ postcard, bookmark & brochure)
Plaque with Your Name (PATRON) (50 avail.) $10,000
The plaque will be hung on a Village building as a thank you for your bountiful donation.
Café de Art Gallery Naming (BENEFACTOR) (1 avail.) $50,000
St. Elmo Village’s Art Gallery will be named after you, generous benefactor! We will have a ceremony to celebrate.
If you would like a gift for your donation, please include your mailing address and allow 2- 4 weeks for delivery.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING CREATIVITY AND ACCESS TO THE ARTS!