Help me to start getting back on my feet from full lower extremity paralysis only 3 months ago (due to new diagnosis of Transverse Myelitis) while raising money for this incredible organization! I've decided the best way to make the most of my therapy this week is to do extra. And to motivate me to head back into the gym on my time after 3-4 hours of therapy each day, I decided to sign up for a Virtual 5k with my own rules:
* My 5k time must be completed outside of therapy time.
* I must not overdo it (no setbacks this time!!)
* I am going to complete the 5k in multiple sessions, but within this week at the hospital while I have the therapists to oversee and a full gym of equipment.
* Right now I'm using the NuStep, but may add some bike.
* I need you to all hold me accountable!
What is a virtual 5K? A virtual 5K is much more simple than your usual 5K race. Just go out and complete 5K (3.1 miles) on your own time during the week of October 28th - Nov 5th. Anywhere. No travel, no early starts, no jostling at the starting line. We also use the term "run" loosely. You can walk, bike, swim, hike, skip you name it... it counts to complete this race! We encourage you to get creative! How will you Strive while taking your Steps for Beth?
SEND US YOUR PHOTOS! Upon completing your V5K, share it with us! Snap a selfie and show us some love @howuleadmatters and make sure you add hashtag #stepsforbeth so I can follow along!