Save The Frogs Day is the world's largest day of amphibian education and conservation action. Our goal for the 4th Annual Save The Frogs Day (April 28, 2012) is 200+ events in at least 30 countries -- you can help make this happen!
Conceived and coordinated by SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger, Save The Frogs Day has been officially recognized by the Governors of Virginia and North Carolina, and the Mayors of Santa Cruz, California, and Vancouver, British Columbia. Save The Frogs Day receives worldwide publicity and has been featured on CNN Worldwide TV and on the front page of Le Monde, the largest newspaper in France. Save The Frogs Day also receives widespread support from other nonprofit groups, such as the National Wildlife Federation (one of the world’s largest environmental groups), who is an official partner of Save The Frogs Day.
Please help fund our Save The Frogs Day efforts so that we can expand the reach of our amphibian conservation efforts and educate hundreds of thousands of people about the importance of protecting the world's remaining amphibian populations.
Your donation will allow us to:
(1) Provide grants to event organizers in developing countries who have already proven their ability to organize highly successful Save The Frogs Day events.
(2) Promote Save The Frogs Day through our website, mailing list, social networks and our list of journalists, TV news anchors, and radio hosts to ensure maximum reach.
(3) Create free educational materials for teachers and students (e.g. slideshows, posters, fact sheets, videos).
(4) Fund a major rally at California's state capitol building to raise awareness of the state's inaction stopping the annual importation of millions of non-native bullfrogs.
(5) Organize a Save The Frogs Day 5K fundraising race in downtown Seattle, which will bring in not only publicity and new supporters but also a large influx of donations.
(6) Save The Frogs Day fundraising is also our primary means of funding our other projects, such as giving free educational presentations in schools, getting frog legs out of restaurants, stopping the detruction of critical frog habitat, and getting schools to stop dissecting wild-caught frogs.
Learn all about Save The Frogs Day at www.savethefrogs.com/day -- Thanks!
"Congratulations because Save The Frogs Day has become an icon in conservation around the world!!! Thanks for such inspiring work!!!"
-- Dr. Nicolas Urbina-Cardona; Assistant Professor; Faculty of Environmental and Rural Studies; Javeriana University – Bogota, Colombia