The journey out of homelessness and poverty and toward a life of greater stability is like running a marathon.
January 17, 2017
Our five person team has a goal of raising $69,000 for the thousands of men and women who visit St. Francis House every year.
Learn about the people you will help, like Ursel, a recent Moving Ahead Program graduate, who has worked to rebuild her life using skills she learned at St. Francis House. Her story is one of hope and perserverance.
We beleive poverty is an experience, not an identity.
Join us in our efforts to raise $69,000 for services such as:
- Serving more than 220,000 meals
- Providing over 7,000 showers
- Distributing 9,000 changes of clothes
- Providing more than 12,000 counseling sessions on mental health issues, substance abuse, housing, employment, legal matters, and other issues
- Partnering with Boston Health Care for the Homeless to provide 10,090 medical appointments
- Graduating the 156th class from the Moving Ahead Program (MAP), our vocational rehabilitation program, whose alumni now number more than 1,500
- Providing 56 units of permanent housing in our Next Step Housing Program