BENEFITING: Ark of Hope for Children, Inc.
ORGANIZER: Ark of Hope for Children, Inc.
EVENT: CrowdRise Holiday Challenge
Ark of Hope for Children, Inc. wrote -
Once rescued from the horrors of child trafficking or child abuse physical the emotional torture and enslavement does not stop without intervention. So many young and old don't know where to turn or who to trust so they suffer in silence. On Giving Tuesday, and this holiday season giving can have a huge impact on those rescued from human trafficking, child abuse and bullying. Thanks to Crowdrise both you and our nonprofit can receive great prizes along the way!
Across the U.S. and around the world tens of thousands suffer in silence with the after effects of severe child abuse, child trafficking, religious and institutional abuse, bullying and other forms of victimization. The effects can last a lifetime including extreme fears, night terrors, flashbacks, PTSD and a host of emotional disorders. Thousands have no idea where to turn or who to trust, lacking support of any kind.
Together we now can help them break their silence from the safety of their own homes! For those victimized, young and old, Ark of Hope for Children has built a safe and anonymous text chat website called Removing Chains. Through our 10+ live chat rooms on RemovingChains.org survivors can find support in group or private chat.
We provide survivors with support, encouragement and direction through dozens of volunteer Listeners. Read more here. Your dollars will keep the hope coming online for victims worldwide! You can create your own Stomp out the darkness team member fundraiser too! Just click the links to the right and let’s save lives by “Reviving Broken Hearts with Hope.”
Consider these successes even in the early beta stages of our site;
- A woman finds strength to maintain her job even in the face of regular flashbacks from trauma suffered years ago at the hands of multiple abusers. WE helped her get therapy which provides the keys to healing while Removing Chains provides a daily support group.
- Children from the US, Canada, and Europe find solace and an oasis through their support network on Removing Chains after school from continuous and heartless bullying. They escape to safety and support from their peers and understanding adult survivors through Removing Chains.
- A brutalized young woman from South America finds daily hope from her hospital bed. Through countless surgeries and months hospitalized she finds a reason to carry on due to connections through our unique system.
- A young lady entering college in the US finds more than support once her boyfriend becomes obsessively abusive. Local connections assist us in convincing him to discontinue his abuse before legal problems ruin his life. She is now free and at peace.
- An adult woman from the UK seeks and finds support through the faceless anonymity we provide after her rape. Struggling to maintain in front of peers through her work and personal life, she finds a place to “be real” through Removing Chains. We help connect her with local support.
- A teen aging out of foster care but with untreated PTSD and years behind in school worries how he will get a job and survive on his own. Through the support of Removing Chains he is finding hope, strength and support.
- A homeless young lady from Australia finds strength and a safety net of support after choosing she can’t return home to her abuser. Removing Chains helps her with daily encouragement and links to local support.
These are only the tip of the iceberg of what can happen and Ark of Hope for Children needs your help to continue. We have exhausted our current funds to bring this site to where it is, but it has so far to go to be everything it can be. We now have something very tangible for individual and corporations to invest their financial support in.
Your support will;
- Keep our site online (Hosting our sites with so much happening on them is becoming increasingly expensive)
- Provide added customized software for case management
- Build out our extensive self-help and training libraries using paid staff
- Paid Directors as well as staff for site monitoring
- Background checks for all online volunteers
- Build out of our UnChained Program to begin providing survivor support within community groups in interested cities throughout the US and in interested countries around the world. (Our first of these has begun in the UK and Florida)
Our funds are tapped out and we need your support to continue our proven services. On Giving Tuesday 2013, throughout the 2013 giving season and throughout the upcoming year please leave a legacy by helping Ark of Hope for Children and Removing Chains continue and even expand through the great results these programs can provide!