Charlotte Virtual Freedom Run to End Human Trafficking
Organized by: CharlotteLaw Advocates Against Trafficking Humans
EVENT DATE Apr 05, 2014
Charlotte has been ranked in the top 10 cities in the United States as a hub for human trafficking, in both domestic labor and sexually-oriented industries. However, despite this fact, the greater Charlotte community is unaware that such modern-day slavery even exists in our state, city, and neighborhoods.
As part of the efforts to bring human trafficking awareness both to the Charlotte School of Law student body and greater Charlotte community, Charlottelaw Advocates Against the Trafficking of Humans (CAATH) presents:
“STOP THE TRAFFIC(king)” Live Monopoly Contest
Thursday, October 23 - Sunday, October 26
Join together with other human rights advocates in a multi-day race to bring the most social media awareness to an international problem that plagues even our own city.
IN SUPPORT OF:
All registration proceeds (and other generous donations) will be donated directly to
- Love146 [human trafficking prevention efforts]
- International Justice Mission [international justice and legal efforts]
- Lily Pad Haven [local Charlotte victim restoration efforts]
How to Participate:
- Register to compete as an individual or team (up to 4 people). Just make a donation and then email CAATH with your registration information here. A $5 donation will get you registered as an individual. A $15 donation registers your team.
- Play. On the race start day, your team will be emailed a game board with a list of notable, popular, and other significant locations around the Charlotte community to the human trafficking industry in Charlotte.
- Race to Raise Awareness. Within the race time period, your team must visit as many local Charlotte locations as possible.
- Stop the Traffic! At each location, participants must snap a selfie while holding a “Stop the Traffic(king)” sign of your own creation.
- Use Social Media. Using social media posts and hashtags (Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instragram), participants must document each stop as proof for the contest and also part of the awareness raising campaign.
IT'S A RACE!
Cash prizes will be awarded to individuals / teams with
- the most locations visited
- the social media post with the most likes / shares
Want to build social media support ahead of time and follow the participants' progress during the race?
Follow @QCtrafficking on Twitter
Don't forget to tell your friends about the cause...
All entry fees will be split evenly and donated entirely to the following charities: