Storm Disaster Relief
Organized by: Victor and Gina David
DONATION REQUEST TO REBUILD WAITING SHELTER
DOLORES, ORMOC CITY, PHILIPPINES
It has been three years since the Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda). The Dolores Waiting Shelter, Ormoc City, is EXTREMELY used by the Dolores, Bagong, and other interior communities. This Waiting Shelter is where the STUDENTS, CHILDREN, and other residents REST after a long walk from home to the highway, WAIT FOR A RIDE or SEEK SHELTER at the onset of rain and strong winds. The area climate is rainy and cool due to the high elevation.
A bigger and safer Waiting Shelter is an immediate necessity –
- Cars and other non-4-wheel drive vehicles cannot pass through the rough and bumpy road that is the only road to the interior communities.
- Only the Habal-Habal is equipped to provide the necessary transportation services. This Habal-Habal is a motorcycle ride that can transport up to 4 passengers.
- CHILDREN and STUDENTS REST, WAITING for a ride, and SHELTER area.
- Residents wait to transport groceries and other household materials and supplies to their homes.
- Farmers wait to transport produce to Ormoc City and other neighboring community markets.
- Merchants wait to transport their purchased products and raw materials to their mini-stores.
- Often the residents are stranded without a restroom during bad weathers while waiting for transportation.
The irony is that many organizations and charities including government assistance pledged their support to these communities after the Storm Yolanda YET this EXTREMELY used Waiting Shelter was and still left UNNOTICED.
This Waiting Shelter needs IMMEDIATE rebuilding . . .
Will you help rebuild a bigger and safer Dolores Waiting Shelter as quickly as possible?
Unlike donations from national organizations that can take months to begin distributing funds, your immediate support to this cause will have an immediate and substantial impact on the Dolores, Bagong, and other interior communities.
With your help, you can be assured that the Waiting Shelter will provide the communities shelter and rest area while safely and comfortably waiting for their ride to their respective homes, school, and work.
Any amount you decide to donate towards the Barangay Dolores Waiting Shelter Fund will make a huge difference in the daily lives of the residents of Dolores, Bagong, and other communities who walk long distances to start and end their daily work or school routines.
Please HELP REBUILD this Waiting Shelter!
Thank you for your support . . .