Most people donate to the St. Patrick Hospital Foundation because they want to support the exceptional services and patient care provided at St. Patrick Hospital. More hospital funding means better health services and for a non-profit hospital like St. Pat's, the support from the Foundation is critical.
The focus of the Foundation is in-line with the St. Patrick Hospital mission: to reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service. The St. Patrick Hospital Foundation supports the hospital in many ways, but it is a separate organization with a specific focus: to provide resources for St. Patrick Hospital and health care programs, including charity health care, new equipment and programs and services.
Through fund-raising efforts and supporting health education programs, the St. Patrick Hospital Foundation makes world-class health care available to all patients in our region. The Foundation impacts in health care in our area in three main ways:
- Raising funds to support the hospital's unique services, including Life Flight/Trauma, the International Heart Institute, Montana Neuroscience Institute, Montana Cancer Center and St. Patrick House;
- Organizing awareness events such as Team Up Montana and Table Talk to bring support for cancer programs and the St. Patrick House;
- Easing patients and families health care experience- whether patients’ families need to stay at the St. Patrick House while their loved one is in the hospital or patients need additional assistance covering medical expenses, the Foundation is a stable resource for Montanans in need.
Why is the St. Patrick Hospital Foundation so important?
According to the American Hospital Association, about 60% of US hospitals lose money every year providing patient care. On top of that, nearly 50 million Americans are uninsured and need health care, regardless of their ability to pay. Even when someone does have health insurance, hospitals often receive less reimbursement than what it costs to provide the service. At the same time, the costs of labor, medications and technology are increasing. The St. Patrick Hospital Foundation raises money to off-set these costs in several different ways, including:
- Major gifts
- Large or small one-time donations from individual donors
- Special events, such as the annual golf tournament, Team Up Montana and Table Talk
- Annual campaigns for specific health services
- Capital campaigns for building upgrades and new technology
- Planned giving
You decide where the money goes
St. Patrick Hospital Foundation will never use donations for administrative purposes. All funds stay in Montana to help patients and programs within our area. So, you get to decide where 100% of your donation will go. Make a donation online or call us at 406-329-5640.