Why Women & Girls?
Like everywhere else in the world, here in North Texas women are the face of poverty:
- 30% of all households in Dallas are headed by women, yet 53% of poor households are led by women
- There are 161,000 female-headed households in North Texas living in poverty
- On average, women reinvest 90% of their income back into their families, investing in women is investing in the social fabric that holds our local community together •\\
- Women and girls still face inequity and the best estimates put gender equity not being achieved until 2095
- Just 9% of all philanthropic dollars go to women and girls