Women's Opportunity and Resource Development, Inc. wrote -
Women's Opportunity & Resource Development (WORD): Meeting the Needs of Women and Families Since 1986.
Due to shifting national priorities and limited funding availability, WORD has undergone substantial changes---from thirty strong to a small but passionate staff of ten, continuing to meet community needs in creative and effective ways. We are ready to jump-start WORD's regrowth from firmly planted Missoula roots into our future as an edgy, vibrant feminist collaborative, and we need your support! Please flex your charitable muscles and help us reach our spring fundraising goal of $5,000 dollars. We're feeling the warmth this season; are you?
Your (tax deductible) gift changes lives through WORD's innovative programs and passionate advocacy for Missoula's lowest income women and families. Each year, WORD equips more than 500 local families to create brighter futures for themselves and for our community.
- Housing Support helps families who are homeless or facing eviction secure stable residency.
- Employment Counseling assists young and low-income parents in gaining employment through resume building, skills training and resource sharing.
- Basic Needs Assistance fills the financial gaps of our clientele in the form of gift cards and gas vouchers as well as toiletry, baby care and household items.
- Youth Development Programming focused on educational success, prepares youth to be leaders, learners and creators of change.
- Leadership Training and Networking Opportunities empower Missoula women to advocate effectively and collaboratively for themselves, for each other, and for the causes they believe in.
We invite you to stand with WORD Missoula in our mission, our work and our future. Please donate today!