BENEFITING: John A Reisenbach Foundation Inc
The Reisenbach Foundation's "Summer in a Safe City" campaign is designed to raise awareness of resources throughout the five boroughs of New York City that support safety and quality of life. With particular emphasis on the work of our grantee partners, we will highlight programs that help at-risk youth and adult populations.
Simultaneously, we are aiming to raise $20,000 for additional grantmaking. 100% of the funds raised from this effort will support important projects throughout New York City.
Many thanks in advance for your support!
Donations of all levels make a difference for programs throughout the city; for example:
- $10 provides two skeins of yarn for girls in the Handmade Program of Foster Pride
- $25 provides supplies for one teacher at the Reisenbach-sponsored teacher trainings at English Language Learners of Internationals Network for Public Schools
- $50 provides education on physical and sexual abuse (and, if needed, intervention) to four children via workshops at the Child Abuse Prevention Program of New York Foundling
- $100 provides four hours of tutoring to youth who have been involved in the family court system via the Reisenbach Internships program at the Police Athletic League
- $250 provides two days of outreach services for homeless youth at the Safe Horizon Harlem Streetwork Center
- $500 supports a reward for one caller to Crime Stoppers
- $1,000 provides one year of transportation for youth and staff members in the Reisenbach Financial Literacy Workshops of Handmade
- $5,000 provides 2 micro-grants to neighborhood organizations via the John A. Reisenbach Safe Neighborhood Awards at Citizens Committee