Skip to content

Super Landon's Fight With PNET Brain Cancer

Organized by: Michelle Sheppard

Michelle's Photo

THE STORY:

Landon was just your typical fun loving four year old when a shopping trip changed his life forever. While purchasing cleats at a local sporting goods store he tripped and hit his head which caused a seizure. This seizure prompted his parents to rush him to the ER for what they thought was a concussion. Upon reviewing the results of a CT scan the team noticed a large mass on the left side of Landon's Brain and was immediately taken by ambulance to Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia. Within the next week his family had to endure the horrific truth that their "perfectly healthy and normal" son had a brain tumor that was actually a form of PNET brain Cancer. After only 3 days in intensive care Landon under went an 8 hour debulking brain surgery where 80% of the tumor was removed. The parents then had to decide if their four year old son should risk the long term effects of proton radiation in order to kill the other 20% of the tumor. The decision was made to continue with radiation and after 6 weeks of being put to sleep everyday with a breathing tube and taking the 3 hour round trip daily to and from Philadelphia the family was now faced with chemo therapy. Landon has to endure four rounds of Saint Jude's protocol of Chemo therapy which involves an intensive chemo regiment with a minimum 14 day inpatient stay and stem cell retrieval. Landon is currently only on round two of this treatment which as you can imagine is taking a toll on his family. Landon's parents currently take turns staying over at Children's Hospital with Landon and home with their year and a half old twins Mason and Nathan. The financial struggles are weighing on this family as Landon's father has had to rely on family leave from his job as a corrections officer. His mother Michelle Sheppard also has to take considerable time away from her job as a fifth grade teacher in order to care for her three children's very complicated schedules. Your generous donations will help with the medical and financial burdens this family us being faced with as a result of Landon's diagnosis.

$0

MONEY RAISED
  •  
  •  
  •  
Organized by

Michelle Sheppard

This is a direct to organizer fundraiser.

Donor Comments

Report this page — Let Us Know if you think this page is breaking the law or the CrowdRise Terms