Kitesurf Fundraiser wrote -
Support the Long Island East End
~ WATER & COMMUNITY ~
Downwinder + Dinner
Start: Beach Lane, Wainscott
Arrival: The beach in front of "Gurney's Inn" (290 Old Montauk Hwy, Montauk)
Date: A Weekend in October (further details below)
- A bus will be provided to drive kiters from Gurney's Inn to the departure point in Wainscott (Beach Lane)
- East Hampton Ocean Rescue team will follow the event with jet-skis and beach trucks to provide support, along with other volunteers.
- Arrival will be on the beach in front of "Gurney's Inn" (290 Old Montauk Hwy, Montauk). Gurney's Inn will provide free access to showers and changing rooms for the kiters.
- Date: Since we obviously need wind, we have made the downwinder event date flexible. It will take place on a Saturday or Sunday during the month of October). We will inform the participants during the week prior to the event, based on how the wind report looks for the upcoming weekend. We know that some who sign up as participants may not be able to make the event because of this flexible schedule (unless you keep your weekends free!). We hope you sign up as a participant anyway and try. Worst that happens is you support a good cause.
- The event will be followed by drinks and a dinner for the kiters and their friends at Gurney's Inn.
- Feel free to invite friends and family at Gurney's Inn to support the kiters at the arrival on the beach and to join at the dinner that will follow (Gurneys will be offering some discounts on dinner or complementary dinner for participants to support the event – details to follow asap).
Please follow BOTH steps:
1- Join Crowdrise Event page:
You will also be able to share this page to ask people to donate to support the event.
Suggested minimum donation is $150 per participant (which includes: downinder organization, bus drive to start point, support from Ocean Rescue with jet-skis and beach trucks, access to Gurney's Inn spa to shower, ...)
2- Send an email to be on the update list: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations Will Go To 3 Foundations
1 - SURFRIDER FOUNDATION: Eastern Long Island Chapter (http://easternli.surfrider.org)
2 - EAST HAMPTON VOLUNTEER OCEAN RESCUE (http://www.easthamptonoceanrescue.org)
3 - CLAMSHELL FOUNDATION (http://clamshellfoundation.org)
Volunteers / Trucks
If you know owners of pickup trucks with EH beach permit and that are willing to help, please let us know. If we can have couple more trucks to follow us on the beach, that will always help to keep an eye on kitesurfers, pickup kiters who cannot finish, or carry water, pumps, and other volunteers.
Arthur Blot-Lefevre | Elias Van Sickle
Krae Van Sickle