Please take 5 minutes to watch this compelling video which shows why reducing our use of plastic is so important for our health and our environment!
The funds are being raised for: THE SURFRIDER FOUNDATION / Rise Above Plastics Campaign
A large group of Kitesurfers will kite over 20 miles to support this cause (Wainscott =>Montauk)
To Participate or Donate
Click ‘THE TEAM’ TAB
Click ‘JOIN THE TEAM’
Suggested minimum donation is $150/kiter (Includes: downinder organization, bus ride to start point, support from Ocean Rescue and beach trucks, access to Gurney's Inn spa to shower, complimentary dinner for kitesurfers, raffle...)
Share the link to your page to ask people to donate to support the event on your behalf!
The event will be followed by a dinner and a raffle at Gurney’s Inn, Montauk. Feel free to invite friends and family to join you.
- Complimentary dinner and access to the spa for the kiters participating to the event.
- Reasonable Prix Fixe for friends and family
- Cash Bar
Start: Beach Lane, Wainscott (see details below)
Arrival: The beach in front of "Gurney's Inn" (290 Old Montauk Hwy, Montauk)
Date: A Weekend in October (further details below)
- Kiters will meet at Gerney's Inn (Montauk) and park their car.
- A bus will be provided to drive kiters from Gurney's Inn to the departure point in Wainscott (Beach Lane). Kiters can park their car at Gurney's Inn.
- East Hampton Ocean Rescue team will follow the event with jet-skis and beach trucks to provide support, along with other volunteers.
- Arrival will be on the beach in front of "Gurney's Inn" (290 Old Montauk Hwy, Montauk). Gurney's Inn will provide free access to showers and changing rooms for the kiters.
- Date: Since we obviously need wind, we have made the downwinder event date flexible. It will take place on a Saturday or Sunday during the month of October). We will inform the participants during the week prior to the event, based on how the wind report looks for the upcoming weekend. We know that some who sign up as participants may not be able to make the event because of this flexible schedule (unless you keep your weekends free!). We hope you sign up as a participant anyway and try. Worst that happens is you support a good cause.
Volunteers / Trucks
If you know owners of pickup trucks with EH beach permit that are willing to help, please let us know. If we can have couple more trucks to follow us on the beach, that will always help to keep an eye on kitesurfers, pickup kiters who cannot finish, or carry water, pumps, and other volunteers.
Elias Van Sickle
Krae Van Sickle