EVENT DATE: May 13, 2017
DEADLINE TO GIVE: May 16, 2017
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: May 16, 2017
UPDATE 5/13: The weather is terrible so we are cancelling the walk/run and heading straight to the best part...the party! The Survivor's Celebration is still taking place at the Forgotten Mile at 9:30am! Hope to see you there!
Join Cancer Support Community Delaware for our 3rd Annual Survive & Thrive 1 Mile Walk and 5K Walk/Run! Anyone can take part in this celebration of cancer survivors throughout our community! Join in the fun either as an individual OR create a team to encourage friends and colleagues to participate in the event. The event kicks off at Gordon’s Pond at the beautiful Cape Henlopen State Park and travels along the scenic Rehoboth Boardwalk. The walk/run ends at Forgotten Mile Ale House… then the Survivor's Celebration begins!
- 8:30am 5K Registration Begins - Gordon's Pond, 80 Ocean Dr.
- 9:00am Survivor's Mile Registration Begins - Norfolk St. & Boardwalk
- 9:30am 5K Walk/Run Begins - Gordon's Pond, 80 Ocean Dr.
- 9:45am Survivor's Mile Walk Begins - Norfolk St. & Boardwalk
- 10:30am Survivor's Celebration at Forgotten Mile
- 11:00am Event Ceremony at Forgotten Mile
Amenities: Shirts for the first 100 registrants. Food and drinks are provided at the post-event, Survivor’s Celebration hosted by Forgotten Mile Ale House! Hand timing for 5K runners. Complimentary shuttle service is provided by Jolly Trolley for all participants to the Survivor's Mile Start and back to Gordon's Pond parking lot from Forgotten Mile Ale House Survivor's Celebration.
Can't attend but want to show your support? Make a general donation or sponsor a red balloon in honor of yourself or in memory of someone you know that has been affected by cancer. The balloons will fly high along the course and then be displayed at the Survivor's Celebration at Forgotten Mile Ale House. Click here to purchase tribute balloons and/or make a general donation!
Fundraising Goals: All individuals and team members are encouraged to fundraise $75 ...but the sky is the limit! Don't worry, we have plenty of ideas to help you met your goal!
- $75 funds one stress/mind body class led by a licensed mental health professional for 10 people. (yoga, t'ai chi, nutrition)
- $150 funds one mental health support group for 10 people.
- $250 funds educating 30 people in ways to cope and live with cancer.
- $500 funds three months of a professionally led support group for 17 people.
- $1,000 funds six months of a professionally led support group.
Fundraising Prizes: The overall highest fundraising team and individual will win a team dinner hosted by CSCDE! Top three fundraising teams and individuals are awarded certificates.
Celebrate your own survivorship or honor someone in your life that has been effected by cancer. Need motivation/inspiration? The cancer survivors at Cancer Support Community Delaware are amazing people who inspire us daily. We want to CELEBRATE them! We would love to connect you with a cancer survivor receiving support from Cancer Support Community Delaware. They will be there to cheer you on at the finish line - giving you the motivation you need to make this event a truly special, heartfelt experience for all involved. Contact Stacy LaMotta at email@example.com or (302) 645-9150 for more information.