BENEFITING: Sustainable Travel International
EVENT DATE: Oct 15, 2012
Are you at your happiest when you’re deeply immersed in a culture that’s not your own? Do you feel the hair on your arms rise when you round the bend on a mountain trail, and witness the breath-taking beauty of wildlife in their natural habitat? Have you experienced volunteer tourism or positively impacted the places you visit?
In honor of its 10th anniversary, Sustainable Travel International is inviting you to announce your Global Guardian of Sustainable Travel status to the world. Join us by making a Crowdrise donation to the organization.
Our influential group of professionals works tirelessly to promote sustainability in travel and tourism. We strive to preserve the world’s unique cultural and natural treasures, so that future generations of travelers can enjoy them as much as you do.
This work brings about important change in tourism communities. Some examples:
- Assessment of the Code of Conduct for the Project of Children from Sexual Exploitation in travel and tourism for UNICEF
- Implementation of education programs for women handicraft vendors in the South Pacific
- Collaboration with leaders in popular vacation spots like Cozumel and the Seychelles to protect their pristine natural assets
- Development of innovative conservation and community development projects in Oregon and Ethiopia
- Partnerships in sustainability with leading companies like Four Seasons, Globus, United Airlines and Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- Development of criteria and indicators for sustainable destinations through the European Commission and Global Sustainable Tourism Council.
- $10 Minimum: If the campaign goal of $50,000 is reached by October 15, one donor will be selected to win a give-away trip. Announcement coming soon!
- $100 or more: You'll be recognized as a Global Guardian of Sustainable Travel on our new website, which will be launched this Fall.
- $500 or more: You’ll be recognized as a Sustaining Supporter of Sustainable Travel on our new website, and in our 10th Anniversary Responsible Travel Report newsletter.
Find Us Online
Sustainable Travel International (EIN #37-1461679) is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization pursuant to The Internal Revenue Service. Your contribution is a tax-deductible charitable donation to the extent allowed by law. No goods or services were provided in exchange for your generous financial donation. Please consult with your tax advisor to determine your specific situation.