Sweat For STF!
Organized by: Sarah Taylor
Raise money for STF for FREE!
April 02, 2016
EVENT DATE Apr 02, 2016
TO REGISTER FOR ZUMBA ON THE MALL:
- Click "Donate To This Fundraiser".
- Enter your amount: $10 to participate alone, $16 if you bring a friend (you can split the cost).
- Enter your first name and last name or last inital (If you are bringing a friend, enter theirs too).
- Be sure that "Hide Amount" and "Don't Show My Name" are not checked.
- Click "Donate" and proceed to the next page where you will enter payment info.
- Click "Donate"! Get ready for ZUMBA!
*The first 30 people to register will recieve a FREE STF T-Shirt and TIE-DYE colors*
She's the First is a national organization that provides girls in low income countries with scholarships, allowing them to attend middle and high school. In many parts of these countries, boys have a much higher chance of completing school. By giving these girls the opportunity to complete secondary school, they become empowered to contribute as skilled workers in their communities, grow up healthier, and break the cycle of poverty.
Our ZUMBA event, #SweatForSTF is part of a national movement developed by She's the First that takes place each spring. These events serve to get people moving while helping a great cause. Here at UMD, our goal for this semester is to raise $400, which will allow us to sponsor one girl! After we send the money to the national organization, they will put us here at UMD in contact with the girl we are sponsoring and we will be able to correspond with her by writing letters!
Click here to learn more about STF.