Last year I joined the cause of She's the First and rain my very first Marathon (the 2015 NYC Marathon!). It was a blast and this year I want to do much, much more.
I'm doing a lot more races this year, including multiple marathons (This yar I'm scheduled for 186 miles in races!). I'd like to dedicate all of my races in 2016 to She's the First. Please consider helping out, either by donating to my fundraiser or by starting your own!
Scroll down further to see more info on Sweat for STF.
Here are all the 2016 races on my calendar so far, with half marathons and longer in bold:
- 1/1 - Resolution Run - 4 Miles - Atlanta, GA
- 1/10 - Walt Disney World Marathon - 26.2 Miles - Orlando, FL
- 1/16 - MLK Drum Run - 5k - Atlanta, GA
- 1/24 - Hot Chocolate 15k - 15k - Atlanta, GA
- 2/20 - Atlanta Mission 5K Race to End Homelessness - 5k - Atlanta, GA
- 3/20 - Publix Georgia Marathon - 26.2 Miles - Atlanta, GA
- 6/4 - Grand Teton Half Marathon - 13.1 Miles - Jackson, WY
- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race - 10k - Atlanta, GA
- 9/10 - REVEL Big Cottonwood Marathon - 26.2 Miles - Salt Lake City, UT
- 10/9 - Bank of America Chicago Marathon - 26.2 Miles - Chicago, IL
- 10/23 - Atlanta 10 Miler - 10 Miles - Atlanta, GA
- 11/5 - Disney Wine & Dine 10K - 10k - Orlando, FL
- 11/6 - Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon - 13.1 Miles - Orlando, FL
- 11/24 - Atlanta Half Marathon - 13.1 Miles - Atlanta, GA
SHE'S THE FIRST wrote -
Sweat for STF is a community of people who use fitness as a means of fundraising for She's the First scholarships, helping girls in low-income countries to be the first in their families to graduate from high school.
100% of the net proceeds you raise for She's the First through Sweat for STF go directly to the Scholars at our partner schools. Learn more about giving levels and our country partners at shesthefirst.org.
Participants in past Sweat for STF fundraisers attest that there is nothing more motivating than our Scholars to inspire them to reach their fitness goals!
Additionally, our Scholars have played a special role in fostering this community. In Nepal at the Kopila Valley School, STF Scholars host a 5k "Race for Equality" that sparks awareness and conversations about gender inequality in their village.
Annually, the grand finale of the campaign is the New York City Marathon, where since 2012 we've had first-time marathoners run for us—it coincides with a celebration of She's the First's birthday.
We hope that you'll join our team, whether you're challenging yourself to run your first half-marathon or marathon, organizing a benefit class with your favorite fitness instructor, or collecting pledges from colleagues who want to see you do 50 squats a day at your desk. Be creative! You're stronger than you think.