EVENT DATE: Aug 29, 2015
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Sep 12, 2015
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Aug 15, 2015
In the last five years, Swim for Them participants have raised over $92,000 in support of causes they love. What do you care about? Who do you love? Help us help them!
How it works:
- Swimmers register for the 6th Annual Swim for Them, to be held on August 29, 2015 at the Kingsport Aquatic Center. Event distances range from 500 yards (20 lengths) to 10 km (440 lengths).
- Immediately following registration, swimmers set up their own fundraising pages for the charity or cause of their choice.*
- Swimmers train for their event distance between now and August 29.**
- During the training period, swimmers promote their causes and fundraisers among family, friends, and colleagues, who will hopefully join forces to show love and support to their favorite swimmer.
- On Friday, August 28, swimmers and guests gather at Bays Mountain for an evening of fellowship, celebration, and carb-loading. That means food!
- On Saturday, August 29, we swim!
- Charities and causes receive awareness and support. Swimmers receive the satisfaction of helping make the world a better place. It's that simple.
So, are you ready to help the cause you love through your swimming? Register for Swim for Them 2015!
New contests for 2015:
- Swimmers who bring other swimmers to Swim for Them will be eligible for an extra $200 toward their charity! We'll do a classic punchbowl drawing at the pre-swim dinner.
- Our top swim team (average fundraising per swimmer) will receive an extra $150 to split amongst their causes. And of course there will be a fabulous trophy.
- Our top individual swimmer (total fundraising) will receive an additional $100 toward their chosen cause. And of course there will be a fabulous trophy for this as well!
More captivating detail:
* CrowdRise brings something new to Swim for Them fundraising. Swimmers can now support IRS-recognized 501(c)(3) charitable organizations or personal/individual causes. We've had easy access to 501(c)(3)s before, but CrowdRise will make it easier than ever to support small or local causes. Swimmers also have the option to create or join teams in support of a single cause.
** Seasonal memberships (Memorial Day through Labor Day) to the Kingsport Aquatic Center are available.