BENEFITING: SYLVIA CENTER INCORPORATED
ORGANIZER: SYLVIA CENTER INCORPORATED
Dear friends and family,
This holiday season The Sylvia Center has an amazing opportunity to DOUBLE their fundraising efforts for one week only. Many of you know about my love for eating, cooking, and celebrating around food. I am lucky to work with an organization that shares my philosophy that good food should be available to everyone. The Sylvia Center teaches young people how to cook delicious and healthy food so they can have agency over their own health—on any budget.
In the spirit of the holiday season, please consider making a donation to help grow their programs in NYC public housing community centers and in the Hudson Valley. Any amount makes a difference!
The mission of The Sylvia Center is to inspire young people and their families to eat well, so they may lead healthy and productive lives. Help us teach more kids how to cook and love healthy food (watch our video). Newman's Own Foundation will match all gifts made from 11/24 to 12/1, up to $10,000. Your donation of:
- $25 becomes $50 to buy ingredients for 1 NYC cooking class
- $50 becomes $100 to buy cooking equipment for 1 Seed-to-Plate class in Columbia County
- $125 becomes $250 to sponsor 1 student to learn to cook in a 6-week Cooks for Health class
- $500 becomes $1,000 to sponsor 15 students for a day-long program at Katchkie Farm
- $1,250 becomes $2,500 to sponsor a Cooks for Health class for 10 students for 6 weeks