BENEFITING: US Association for UNHCR
EVENT DATE: Dec 17, 2013
Hope you are doing excellent.
United Nations makes appeal for 6.5 billion USD for Syria
Hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees are struggling with the harsh weather conditions, with temperatures in the region dropping to record lows.
Children in particular are finding it hard to cope with the cold snap, which has seen snowfall in places that haven't seen such conditions for decades.
Syria conflict is the worst threat to global peace and security since the last century. We are witnessing death and destruction, the collapse of the state and the enormous suffering of the people. All relief agencies are dramatically underfunded at a time when millions of Syrians are in need of humanitarian assistance inside Syria and the number of refugees is fast approaching two million.
The United Nations appealed for $6.5 billion for Syria and its neighbors today to help 16 million people next year, many of them hungry or homeless victims of a 33-month-old conflict that has no end in sight.
These are the following things you could do
· Volunteer physically , spend few weeks or months with them associating yourself with any such organization.
· Organize any fund raising event with your family, friends, colleague and with your outreach.
· Make donation through the organization you trust. Personally, I trust UNHCR as they have been endorsed by both governmental and non-governmental organizations across the world.
You can visit them here.http://www.unhcr.org/emergency/5051e8cd6-52aacc829.html
· Pray for the world peace.
· Kindly share this with others through email, Facebook, twitter and other social media and discuss within your communication circle as there are so many generous people who would be interested to participate in the above actions and you would become the reason.
We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
Please double your donations.
Thanks a million.
May peace be with you and all.