BENEFITING: TEACH FOR ALL INC
EVENT DATE: Jul 16, 2017
The story of Teach for Vietnam
- 70000 Teachers in surplus in 2020, but quality remains a concern.
- 14% Children in rural areas that completed upper secondary education, compared to 38% of children in cities
- 60% Completion rate of primary schools for minorities compared to 82% of majority children
- 3.5 Average score of English in 2016 high school graduation exam, lowest compared to other
Teach for Vietnam empowers and inspires generations of leaders who have witnessed the firsthand impact of education in changing up the lives of children and their communities. They continue after the TFV experience embarking on their own leadership contribution in their communities or local grounds. We catalyze leadership everywhere it’s needed, starting with recruiting the next generation of extraordinary people.
100% of students receive an education that meets their individual needs and 95% make themselves ready for a college career.
To maximize our contribution to this national movement, we are pursuing significant progress in three areas.
- COMMUNITY: Strengthen an inclusive, thriving, diverse community of corps members, alumni and staff who listen to and learn from each other and know we are in it together
- IMPACT: Help our teachers have path-changing impact with children, even in their first two years, and support alums in and out of the classroom to continuously develop their leadership contributions.
- LEADER: Catalyze leadership everywhere it’s needed, starting with recruiting the next generation of extraordinary peopl
In one year we have made great strides. We have tested and proven the needs for high quality English teachers in the Vietnamese education system. We have grown and survivded off the dedication of a core team, including the founder who left his corporate job and now devotes 100% to TFV, and have recently hired our first full time employees. In order to scale our community service initiatives locally and continue our operations, we need your help.
YOUR SUPPORT WILL HELP
CONTINUE OPERATIONS if we successfully raised 25,000 USD, we will have Catalyst Fund matching us with $150,000 which cover half a year of operational expenses
BUILD AND LAUNCH A scalable TFV platform, equipping TFV fellows to start their own community projects locally
EXPAND OUR REACH enable TFV to expand our school network to more provinces next year
Teach for Vietnam is on a mission to raise $25,000 USD by July 24, 2017 in order to be eligible for the Teach for All Catalyst Fund. The Catalyst Fund is crucial for our continued operations as it would support up to half of the next year’s operating budget, nearly 3,000,000,000 VND.
Please support us in meeting this goal and moving closer to the vision that by 2050, all children in Vietnam will attain an excellent education!
You can send your support to:
Teach For Viet Nam Education Consulting LLC., (not-for-profit organization). Tax number: 0313763176
For donations within Vietnam
Bank account: Cty TNHH Tu van Giao Duc Teach For Viet Nam
Account number: 19866868 (VND)
Bank: ACB (Asia Commercial Bank) | Bank branch: Headquater, Ho Chi Minh cityFor donations outside Vietnam
Swift code: ASCBVNVX
Account number: 24724768 (USD)
Alternative account (if there are issues with transfers to the other)
Bank account: Huynh Hanh Phuc
Account number: 0051000052713 | Card number: 9704366800744325019
Bank branch: Quy Nhon city
Bank: Vietcombank (VCB)