To raise awareness and funds for Bright Pink, Studio Three is excited to partner with the charity to host a challenge on Sunday, November 6 from 6 - 10am at the studio's location in River North. The 80 kilometer challenge is designed to be a fun and full-body workout that utilizes all three studios. Studio Three members and non-members are invited to sign-up for the challenge by forming teams of threes. A total of 39 teams can sign-up for the challenge and are encouraged to raise between $350-$500 in order to participate (for a great cause!).
Each studio/station will host a 45- to 50-minute challenge: rowing in the Yoga studio, cycling in the Peloton studio, and running in the Interval studio. Participants will have 10 minutes between each station to hydrate and get ready for the next challenge. Some fun activities will be set-up on Studio Three's main level for teams to engage with. Teams will be tracked on a leaderboard on the main level. The teams who complete the challenges in the fastest amount of time will win a prize! For full details, please see below.
The 80KM challenge is broken out in following manner:
- 10KM row in the Yoga studio (the equivalent of 10,000 meters)
- 10KM run in the Interval studio (the equivalent of ~6 miles)
- 60KM cycling class in the Peloton studio (the equivalent of ~1,000 combined team output)
Participants will be asked to arrive at 6 a.m. for registration at Studio Three.
Our sample timeline is below (please note that each studio will host 13 teams during each challenge, so 13 teams will start in Yoga for rowing, 13 teams in Interval for running, 13 teams in Cycle for the ride, and move to the next station/studio from that start point).
The timeline is as follows:
- 6 a.m. - Registration begins at Studio Three
- 6:30 a.m. - Teams arrive at the Yoga studio on the upper-level
- 6:45 a.m. - Introductions and challenge overview, along with a 15-minute stretch led by a Studio Three instructor
- 7 a.m. - Teams begin in the Yoga studio on the rowers and challenge commences
- 8 a.m. - Teams take a 45-minute Cycling class in the Peloton studio
- 9 a.m. - Teams end the challenge in the Interval studio
- 10 a.m. - Challenge ends and winning teams are announced