BENEFITING: Washington Autism Alliance & Advocacy
EVENT DATE: Apr 02, 2017
Teresa Marino wrote -
WAAA is an organization near and dear to our family. Through this organization Aj and I were able to attend a special education workshop that prepared us for one of the most difficult years we have had with Edin's care. To show our gratitude we are participating in this walk- to spread the love and promote awareness. So often families with special needs feel quite isolated, finding a place in the community can be difficult. WAAA has provided the haven families need, priceless resources and an army of families ready to help lend their experience to the collective tribe.
Join us! In person, in spirit or in thought- spread the love and thank you so much for your time and consideration.
Join us for a sensory-sensitive day of fun! WAAAlk for Autism is a day of free activities for our community to come together to honor the 2,800 families impacted by autism and developmental disabilities that Washington Autism Alliance & Advocacy helps each year.
- Sensory-Sensitive Fun Activities for Children and Teens
- Autism Resource & Fun Fair
- 3K Walk Along Kirkland’s Waterfront
- BLITZ the Seahawk and character appearances from Redmond FurLife
- Local restaurant and business participation
- Enter to win a Blitz autographed football or trampoline from SpringFree!
Your Support Makes a Difference:
Families call WAAA when they are struggling to provide the health care and education services their kids need. Your support enables WAAA to help families through barriers to health insurance benefits and special education services.
- $ 500 Support Group for 10 families
- $1,500 Insurance or Special Ed training workshop for 80 families and professionals
- $2,500 Pro-bono, end-to-end insurance navigation for one middle-to-low income family
- $3,500 Delivers family systems counseling (SPA) for six parents for one year
- $5,000 Pro-bono, end-to-end special education advocacy and support to one family
* Join the WAAA Fan Club! Buy a distinctive red WAAA T-shirt for $15.
WAAAlk for Autism
WHEN: Sunday, April 2, 2017, 10 am - 2 pm
WHERE: Marina Park
25 Lakeshore Plaza Drive
Kirkland, WA 98033
10:00 am - Registration and Family Fun & Resource Fair Activities Open
11:00 am - BLITZ and drumline lead participants in a leisurely walk along Kirkland’s lakefront