Team Los Diablos
June 04, 2016
We all knew that sex trafficking existed, we knew it was a problem, but until recently, we didn't know the extent to which it plagued America. We were especially shocked to hear that it reached even into our hometown in Iowa. Please consider donating to help fight this unimaginable atrocity.
- On any given day, 150 children are being sex-trafficked in Iowa and approximately 300,000 children are at risk of being prostituted in the U.S. (U.S. Dept. of Justice)
- The average age of entry into prostitution for a child in the U.S. is 13-14. (U.S. Dept. of Justice)
- The average victim may be sexually abused 20-48 times a day. (Polaris Project)
- Fewer than 100 beds are available in the U.S. for underage victims. (Health and Human Services)
- Human sex-trafficking is the fastest-growing business of organized crime and the third-largest criminal enterprise in the world.
OK200 orchestrates an epic, one day, 200 mile bike ride and run from West Des Moines, IA to Okoboji, IA. We run to raise funds and awareness to help support human traffic survivors in Nepal and Des Moines, IA.
Money raised will be used to prevent, protect, and preserve human traffic survivors by partnering with multiple organizations globally and locally who share our conviction to fight these crimes against humanity.