BENEFITING: Transportation Alternatives, Inc.
EVENT DATE: Sep 10, 2016
This year cycling enthusiasts and supporters are joining forces to change lives. Transportation Alternatives is encouraging Bike the Boros: NYC Century participants to ride for a cause, any cause (but we'll be really, really happy if you choose us).
When you ride for a charity, every pedal, every mile, and every moment of your ride is changing someone else’s life. Make all 100-miles count. Create a Crowdrise fundraising page through the NYC Century ride today.
The NYC Century is a true rite of passage for cyclists. Known as the nation’s only all-urban century, the scenic ride takes you around Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx. Celebrating it’s 27th year, the NYC Century will offer 3 different route options to participants; the classic, Imperial Century of 100-miles, the Metric Century (62-miles) and the Half-Metric Century (32-miles). Enjoy a good celebration? Be sure to attend the after party at Pier 97 with 10,000 new friends.
Starting a CrowdRise fundraiser does not register you for the 2016 NYC Century. To register for the ride, please visit this link.
If you choose to fundraise for Transportation Alternatives, you'll enjoy the following perks and benefits:
- Raise $150 and receive a one year membership to TransAlt. See transalt.org/goodies for a full list of membership benefits.
- Raise $250 for a pair of TransAlt signature socks plus all of the above benefits.
- Raise $500 and walk or ride away with a TransAlt branded Walz riding cap, plus all of the above benefits.
- Raise $750 to score a Polar water bottle plus all of the above benefits.
- Raise $1,000 to get breakfast and lunch at the NYC Century, one complimentary beer at the Pier 97 after party, a take-home tube of Nuun, NYC Century water bottle, t-shirt and jersey, priority check-in and special invite to a pre-ride reception -- plus all of the above benefits.
The individual fundraiser with the most dollars raised will receive two tickets to Transportation Alternatives Annual Benefit on Thursday, October 20th (a $2,000 value).
The individual fundraiser with the most donors contributing to their page will receive two tickets to Transportation Alternatives Annual Benefit on Thursday, October 20th (a $2,000 value).
*All gifts fulfilled on, or after, Thursday, September 8th.*