CENTER FOR INDEPENDENCE THROUGH CONDUCTIVE EDUCATION INC wrote -Our involvement with the Center for Independence started in late 2013 when we enrolled Aarav in the intensive motor training program. Although the Center had come highly recommended, we had low expectations because we did not realize then what the focus of the Center was. Conductive Education therapy does not necessarily work on specific areas, but all aspects of life that enable the child to proudly and independently overcome their limitations. Over a year and a half of dedicated work and effort, we can see the results and they are outstanding.
- Aarav is now using a walker to independently walk for over 40 minutes at a stretch, compared to a year back when he would not move a step on his own.
- During feeding, Aarav insists on trying every alternate bite by himself.
- We can't brush his teeth unless he is holding the toothbrush with us.
- Aarav loves playing on the floor, going back and forth and scooting to get objects. This is a big difference compared to always crying when put on his tummy in the past.
- There is tremendous improvement in sitting and standing. Aarav is now able to handle himself with minimal support.
- Aarav understands all of us completely and responds almost immediately.
Of course it's just a start and we have a long journey ahead of us but we are glad that we are a part of this program with the fabulous team supporting Aarav in every step he takes.
Thank you for being a part of our fundraising team and supporting the Center for Independence Northwest site so children like Aarav can continue to learn independence and become fully-participating members of the community!