EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
ALZHEIMERS ASSOCIATION wrote -
Since its inaugural year in 2009, team Athletes to End Alzheimer’s (ATEA) has represented the Alzheimer’s Association, New York City Chapter in one of the world’s biggest and best-supported marathons, the TCS New York City Marathon. In 2014, 134 runners took to the streets in Alzheimer’s Association purple, showing their support for the cause and their affected loved ones to not only New York City but an estimated 2 million spectators from all over the world.
Join us this year as an official member of our team by applying at www.alznyc.org/nycmarathon, and take advantage of the numerous perks to being a official part of our team, including:
* Expert training – online and/or in person – from our experienced, certified staff of coaches and physical therapists with three coach led group runs per week.
* Weekly newsletters from coaching and Chapter staff, monthly team meetings, reminders about important deadlines, maps to help you navigate the race and the city
* A fundraising toolkit
* Athletes to End Alzheimer’s 2014 NYC Marathon team gear including a race day singlet, jacket & Tech training shirt
* Education on Alzheimer’s disease, the free programs and services offered by the Alzheimer’s Association, and how to get others involved
*Race Weekend support including two dedicated cheer sections for friends and family, pre-race carb dinner and post-race thank-you reception, pre-race team specific baggage check, private transportation to the starting line
* Any support you need along the way!
The fundraising requirement for runners who need an entry is $3,500 and $1,500 for runners with their own entry. All runners who need an entry or who want to be part of our official marathon program MUST first apply at www.alznyc.org/nycmarathon. if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or 646-744-2966. We look forward to having you join our team!