Kelly Sanders wrote -ALZ Stars is a unique way to raise funds for the Alzheimer’s Association care, support and research efforts while accomplishing incredible fitness goals! Participants can range from seasoned athletes to novice runners looking to get in shape. Together, we can end Alzheimer’s!
Why should you challenge yourself to go the distance?
· Alzheimer’s is the 6th leading cause of death in the U.S.
· Alzheimer’s cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed
· 5.4 million Americans have Alzheimer’s
· This is the movement to reclaim the future for millions
Why will YOU become an AlzStar?
· To honor a loved one that has been lost.
· To stand-up for a family member that is currently suffering.
· To support family, friends, and other caregivers impacted every day.
· To show solidarity for a cause central to your daily work.
· To advocate for greater awareness and attention.
· To raise funds for innovative research and valuable care.
If you commit to raising $1,000 for the Alzheimer’s Association, you will receive:
· Waived entrance fees to your half marathon event
· Training with an experienced running coach
· Access to exclusive Bay Area boot camps and detailed training calendar
· A personalized online fundraising webpage, guidance, and online tools to help you meet your fundraising goal
· Training shirt
· Pre-race pasta dinner
· An inspiring set of runners who will push you to achieve your physical and fundraising goals!
· …and more!