BENEFITING: National Audubon Society
EVENT: Aveda Earth Month 2013
EVENT DATE: May 01, 2013
Deanna Carciofini wrote -
The Aveda Global Education team is hosting two events in honor of Earth Month and in support of organizations around the world working to protect access to clean water. With your help, we can reach our company goal of $5 million this April to fund the clean-up of local and global water sources. 100% of funds raised will go to our partner, Audubon Mississippi River Initiative.
Please join us for:
Lunchtime Retro Bingo
Wednesday, April 24 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm
Location: Organica Café
4000 Pheasant Ridge Drive, Blaine, MN 55449
- $1 per Bingo Card
- Great prizes from local theatres, hotels, restaurants and much more!
- Contact: Deanna Carciofini, email@example.com
Retro Rolling for Water Bowling Event
Wednesday, May 1 from 6:00 – 10:00 pm
Location: Mermaid Lanes
2200 Hwy 10, Mounds View, MN 55112
- $20 per person, or register a team of 4-6 people (includes unlimited bowling & shoe rental)
- Kids invited
- Food & beverages available for purchase
- Happy Hour Specials from 3-6pm & 9-11 pm
- 7-10 split raffle
- Sensational prizes for Highest Team Score, Lowest Individual Score, Most Enthusiastic Team & Best Individual Costume
- Contact: Erica Adam, firstname.lastname@example.org
In developing nations, one child dies every 21 seconds from preventable conditions like dysentery due to unsafe drinking water. The stark differences between access and rights to safe drinking water globally are startling enough to inspire much needed change – a movement that can empower communities, protect local watersheds and help make clean water accessible to everyone, everywhere.
As the campaign moves into its 7th year focusing on clean water, Aveda Earth Month 2013 will help to achieve this change by directing funds from this event to support our local Earth Month partner, Audubon Mississippi River Initiative.
Now in its 14th year, Aveda created Earth Month in April 1999 to raise awareness and funds for critically important environmental issues around the world. Since then, Aveda has raised more than $26 million for organizations that directly affect environmental change and $20 million for water-related causes alone over the past six years.