BIDMC depends on the Annual Fund to fulfill its mission of providing compassionate patient care.
This fund raises unrestricted dollars that can be used immediately for a wide range of needs. They provide a reliable, steady source of funding for the programs that need it most:
- Promising research projects, such as cancer genetics investigations
- Annual operating costs, such as funding for social worker positions
- Career development opportunities for staff, such as continuing education scholarships for nurses
- Expansion of clinical spaces, like minimally invasive surgery suites
- Academic and teaching programs, such as fellowships for the next generation of physicians in growing service lines