Alicia Zonenshine via Crowdrise
December 07, 2011
BENEFITING: Brigham and Women's Hospital
ORGANIZER: Brigham and Women's Hospital
EVENT: 2012 Boston Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 16, 2012
Mileage Tracker: 275
Welcome to my fundraising page!! I'm so excited to be able to be a part of Team Brigham for my 3rd consecutive year, and I know for a fact that I could not do any of this without all of your incredible support!
Team Brigham is a group of runners dedicated to improving the health and quality of life for low-income families in the Greater Boston area. Each member of the team commits to running the Boston Marathon and raising a minimum of $5,000 to support Brigham and Women’s Hospital community health programs.
Team Brigham is organized to raise funds for the hospital's community health programs. These programs provide neighborhood health services to low-income communities, benefit women with high-risk pregnancies, women diagnosed with breast cancer, and enhance the success of elementary and high school students through mentoring programs. Here are some ways this fundraising MAKES A DIFFERENCE:
· $350 pays for a wig for a woman with breast cancer
· $450 buys a compression garment for a woman with breast cancer
· $1,200 covers one year of comprehensive assistance through the Connecting Hope, Assistance, and Treatment (CHAT) Program for low-income women with breast cancer
· $2,500 provides one year of support groups and educational materials to survivors of domestic violence
· $3,000 provides 15 high school juniors in the Student Success Jobs Program (SSJP) intensive monthly workshops and personal consultation to prepare their college applications, apply for financial aid, and make informed decisions about where to attend college
· $5,000 provides back-to-school clothing for approximately 100 children whose mothers are victims of domestic violence
· $7,500 supports the Passageway program’s emergency fund for one year, supplying victims of domestic violence and their children with items such as food, clothing, transportation, changes in apartment/home locks, rental and utilities assistance, and more
These are just a few examples of how you can help! Thank you so much for your continued support and generosity, and don't forget to check back to see how training is going, and for updates on my fundraising progress! And don't forget to look for me on Marathon Monday!!
For more information about Team Brigham, Community Health and how you can run the Boston Marathon, visit TeamBrigham.org