Angela Cooke-Jackson via Crowdrise
April 11, 2013
BENEFITING: Brigham and Women's Hospital
ORGANIZER: Brigham and Women's Hospital
EVENT: 2013 Boston Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 15, 2013
GRueling, IntEnse, Awesome, & StimulaTing -- A GREAT opportunity in my Journey!
I am a bit overwhelmed, feel a bit out of shape, and am in wonderment about why I was chosen! But if you know me you know I believe all things happen for a reason - so I've decided to throw away fear and take on the challenge.
So here I am darning myself in my workout clothes and running shoes, getting myself ready to run through this journey! Ready to raise awareness and funds to help BWH get the work done to promote clinical care, research, and education for healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. I am thrilled and honored to be a member of Team Stork and the Stork Fund – to be able to help give all babies at BWH the best possible chance at a healthy life. I’ve committed to raise $7,500 because I believe so strongly in this work --
I NEED YOUR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION!
Did you know that… BWH’s community health initiatives have driven amazing research on low birth weight rates for Black infants and lower rates of adequate prenatal care for Black and Latina women in underserved Boston communities.
The funding for Team Stork is for a number of other amazing initiatives:
- BWH’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, whose skilled and compassionate staff help premature babies beat the odds and go on to live long, healthy lives.
- Our Birth Equity Initiative, increasing access to timely, high-quality healthcare services, reducing birth disparities in infant mortality and low birth weight, specifically among infants born to black women.
- The Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine, providing dedicated care to women and newborns with complications identified before and during pregnancy.
- Our Center for Infertility and Reproductive Surgery, transforming what’s possible in reproductive medicine and answering the hopes of many parents.
- Additional programs and initiatives that focus on the best possible outcomes for babies and moms.
So… I am Stoked for the Stork... to achieve my goal I need...
215 friends, family members, and colleagues
TO DONATE JUST $35 --- Be a part of this journey!
Help all babies have a chance at a healthy life.
Peace & Blessings,